Welcome to the Museum School at Cameron Art Museum. During the COVID pandemic, we offer a variety of virtual classes and workshops using Zoom for all ages. Zoom is easy to use and allows you to work with teaching artists and participate in our creative community without leaving the safety of your home. Click on the link below for general instructions on accessing Zoom classes:
Zoom meeting instructions
We also offer socially distanced outdoor classes and in-person classes like plein air painting and outdoor photography. Masks and social distancing is required for all in-person classes.
Our teaching artists include local artists and museum staff who provide adult and youth art education including a range of beginning and master classes, which can include CEU credit through New Hanover County Schools. Distinctions of Museum School programming include instructor-guided access to the museum’s exhibitions and select objects in the museum’s permanent collection not on view, and access to the museum’s non-circulating art library numbering over 2000 publications and monographs.
Additionally, the School creates employment opportunities for area artists and instructors. Click here to see our instructor bios:
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us and let us know what you’d like to take. Have questions about virtual or in-person classes? We’d love to talk to you about the safety measures we’ve put into place for in-person instruction and the technology we use for virtual classes to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
- Students may register online, by phone or in person. CAM members enjoy discounted tuition.
- Registration is complete and confirmed when payment is received and processed.
- A full refund will be issued when a withdrawal occurs at least one week prior to the start of a class or workshop
- Students withdrawing between one week and 72 hours from the start of a class or workshop will be given a 50% refund.
- No refunds or transfers will be issued for withdrawals received less than 72 hours before start time.
- Students who are not in attendance and have not been in touch with the Museum School office will be charged the full price of the class or workshop.
- If class or workshop does not make minimum enrollment, it will be cancelled and enrolled students will receive a 100% refund.
Museum School Office hours:
Tues - Fri 10am to 4pm
You can reach September Kreuger, Director of Lifelong Learning, from 9 am – 5 pm at 910-395-5999 ext. 1007